Today's edition is for the hockey fans. But first we have to get this pesky Stephen Curry domination from the weekend out of the way. Boy if you didn't see that Thunder-Warriors game Saturday, you seriously missed out. Enjoy the game-winner:
Carolina traded captain Eric Staal on Sunday for two second-round picks and prospect Aleksi Saarela (Carolina will also retain 50% of Staal's salary in the deal). As a result, Staal will no longer get to play with brother Jordan. He will, however, now get to play with his brother Marc, a defenseman for New York.
What. A. Photo. MY GOODNESS! pic.twitter.com/mZ0OlngHB6— Doc Emrick (@DocInRealLife) February 27, 2016
The Hurricanes also traded Kris Versteeg, who goes to the Kings for prospect Valentin Zykov and a conditional draft pick. You may remember Versteeg from previous trades. He was traded from Toronto to Philly (2011), from Philly to Florida (2011), from Florida to Chicago (2013), and from Chicago to Carolina (2015).
- Mikkel Boedker goes to Colorado for Alex Tanguay and some prospects.
- Kris Russell, bound for Dallas, earned a huge haul for the Flames.
- Brandon Pirri goes to the Ducks for a sixth-round pick.
- The Islanders get Shane Prince for a third.
- Lee Stempniak heads to Boston. So does John-Michael Liles.
(Photo credit: Karl DeBlaker/NHLI/Getty Images)