NBA trades are only allowed until today at the time this post is usually published (3 p.m. ET). Here are the boring moves that happened today:
- Oklahoma City got Randy Foye from the Nuggets.
- The Cavs, Mavericks, and Trail Blazers completed a deal that sends Channing to Orlando and Anderson Varejao to Portland.
- The Hawks sent Shelvin Mack to the Jazz.
- Houston sent Donatas Motiejunas and Marcus Thornton to the Pistons.
- Miami Heat traded forward Jarnell Stokes to the New Orleans Pelicans to free up cap space.
- The Nets hired Sean Marks as general manager.
If you're a basketball trivia whiz, try this quiz of obscure knowledge about past trade deadlines.
College basketball's most storied rivalry added another great chapter last night when No. 20 Duke upset No. 5 North Carolina, 74–73. Duke guards Grayson Allen and Brandon Ingram combined for 43 points, while senior forward Brice Johnson lead the Tar Heels with 29. North Carolina coach Roy Williams controversially opted not to call a timeout when his team got the ball back with 20 seconds left to win the game, for which he apologized after the game.
The best sports meme going is undoubtedly the crying Michael Jordan face. SI.com has a list of the best ever. This one speaks to me:
Yes, this score is real.