NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER.
1. HOW TO ENTER: Between TUESDAY, May 15, 2012 through FRIDAY June 8, 2012 every Tuesday and Friday, the editors of Sports Illustrated Kids ("SIK") will post a sports photograph on www.sikids.com (each, a “Photograph”). Visit www.sikids.com/funnyphoto to submit your Funny Photo caption for each Photograph. For Photographs posted on Tuesdays, captions may be submitted starting on that Tuesday at 10:00AM ET until the following Thursday at 2:59PM ET (the "Tuesday Submission Period"). For Photographs posted on Fridays, captions may be submitted starting on that Friday at 10:00AM ET until the following Monday at 2:59PM ET (the "Friday Submission Period"). All submissions must be received no later than 2:59PM ET on the close of the respective Submission Period to be eligible. There is no limit to how many captions each email address can submit. Each caption must be written in English, and the content must be appropriate for a national kids’ magazine, as determined by SIK's editors in their sole discretion. SIK's editors will select the top 10 captions from each Submission Period based on humor and originality (the "Finalist Captions"), which will be posted at www.sikids.com during the next Submission Period along with a new Photograph (with respect to the Finalist Captions, such Submission Period shall be considered the "Voting Period"). Visitors to SIKIDS.com will be invited to vote on the Finalist captions during the Voting Period. The one (1) Finalist Caption that receives the most public votes during each Voting Period will be deemed a contest winner (the "Winner"). In the event of a tie, all Finalist Captions tied for the most public votes during such Voting Period will be deemed a Winner. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, postage due mail or entries not received for any reason. Entries become sole property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. By entering, Entrant warrants that the entry (1) is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party, (2) has not been published in any medium or (3) has not won an award.
2. JUDGING: Sponsor reserves the right to choose fewer than 10 Finalist Captions during a given Submission Period if, in Sponsor’s sole discretion an insufficient number of eligible and/or qualified entries are received. Incomplete and/or inaccurate entries and entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification. Decisions of Sports Illustrated Kids are final and binding. Winners will be notified by e-mail or telephone.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 7-15 years or older at time of entry (“Entrant(s)”). Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor its promotional partners and their respective parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies (and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same of household of each such employee) are not eligible.
4. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: Two (2) voted winners per week will win a copy of the book, Game Changers by Mike Lupica and a foam football. Approximate Retail Value: $22.00. All other expenses not specified herein are the responsibility of the Winner. ALL TAXES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. The prize is awarded without warranty, express or implied, of any kind.
5. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: No transfer, assignment, or substitution of a prize permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize (or prize component) for an item of equal or greater value at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Nothing in these official contest rules shall obligate Sponsor to publish or otherwise use any entry submitted in connection with this Contest. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. By entering, Entrant represents that any captions, and other materials submitted as part of Entrant’s Contest entry are original and will not constitute defamation or an invasion of privacy or otherwise infringe upon the rights of any third party, and that the Entrant owns or has the rights to convey any and all right and title in such caption and other materials. In addition, by entering, Entrant grants to Sponsor a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to edit, publish, promote, republish at any time in the future and otherwise use Entrant’s submitted caption, along with Entrant’s name, likeness, biographical information, and any other information provided by Entrant, in any and all media for possible editorial, promotional or advertising purposes, without further permission, notice or compensation (except where prohibited by law). Potential Winner, and parent or legal guardian where the Potential Winner has not reached the age of majority in their state of residence at time of entry, as a condition of receiving any prize, also may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where legally permissible a Publicity Release and confirmation of a license as set forth above within 7 days following the date of first attempted notification, certifying, among other things, the following: (a) entry does not defame or invade the privacy of any party; (b) entry does not infringe upon the rights of any third party; and (c) the caption and other materials submitted are original and have never been published and entry has never won an award. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its agencies to use Winner’s name and/or likeness, biographical information, caption for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By entering and/or accepting prize, Entrants and Winners agree to hold Sponsor and its promotional partners, its directors, officers, employees and assigns harmless for liability, damages or claims for injury or loss to any person or property relating to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in this Contest, the acceptance and/or subsequent use or misuse, or condition of any of the prizes awarded, or claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion or privacy. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the Entrant ineligible. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the immediate and unrestricted right to disqualify any entrant or prize winner, if either commits or has committed any act, or has been involved or becomes involved in any situation or occurrence which the Sponsor deems likely to subject the Sponsor, entrant or winner to ridicule, scandal or contempt or which reflects unfavorably upon the Sponsor in any way. If such information is discovered by Sponsor after a winner has received notice of his prize and before the prize is awarded, Sponsor may rescind the prize in its entirety. If a portion of his/her prize has already been awarded, Sponsor may withdraw the remainder of the prize that has been fulfilled. Decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding in all matters related to this paragraph. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the contest, or in the announcement of the prize.
6. INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for lost or late entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. CAUTION: Any attempt by a contestant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the game is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such contestant to the fullest extent of the law. If there is a dispute as to the identity of the Entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned.
7. GOVERNING LAW: This Contest is governed by the internal laws of the state of New York without regard to principals of conflict of laws. All cases and claims pertaining to this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in the City of New York, without recourse to class action suits.
8. SEVERABILITY: If any provision of these Rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction or appointed arbitrator, such determination shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision herein.
9. WINNER NOTIFICATION: All prizes will be awarded and any required Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability and Publicity Release ("Prize Notification Documents") must be signed by winner's parent/legal guardian on potential winner's behalf. Entrants will be notified once via email with instructions for entrant's parent or legal guardian to respond with the potential winner's primary residence address in order to mail the Prize Notification Documents. If a parent or legal guardian's email address was provided on the entry form, three attempts will be made to contact the potential winner's parent or legal guardian within a 7 day period. If the potential winner's parent or legal guardian fails to respond within that period, or if the e-mail attempt is returned as undeliverable more than one time, the potential winner will be disqualified and the individual whose submitted caption received the next highest number of votes for that week will be designated as the alternate winner. (Entrants and/or their parents or legal guardians are responsible for notifying Sponsors of changes in e-mail addresses.) Should a potential winner's parent or legal guardian fail to respond within the required period, or fails to execute and return required documents, an alternate winner will be selected at random. When the potential winner's parent or legal guardian's mailing address has been obtained, he/she will be notified via mail. Each potential winner's parent or legal guardian will be required to complete and return required documents, which must be signed and returned within 7 days of date printed on notification or an alternate winner will be selected at random. If any Prize Notification Document is returned as undeliverable, it will result in disqualification, and the corresponding prize (if any) will be awarded to an alternate winner. Winners may not substitute or transfer prizes. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute prize with one of equal value in the event the offered prize becomes unavailable. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Except where prohibited by law, entry and acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use each winner's name, hometown, likeness, winning caption and prize won for advertising, promotion and/or publicity purposes in any and all media including online posting without additional compensation. Limit: one prize per entrant.
10. WINNER’S LIST: For names of Winners, (available June 22, 2012) send a self- addressed, stamped envelope by (June 29, 2012) to: Funny Photo Contest, Sports Illustrated Kids, 1271 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10020.
11. SPONSOR: This contest is sponsored by Scholastic, 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012.
Funny Photo Official Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER.