SPORTS ILLUSTRATED Kids
“Best Sports Day Contest”
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
Purchase will not improve chances of winning. Many will enter, few will win. Up to 5 (five) moments will be featured in the October 2015 issue of SPORTS ILLUSTRATED Kids
1. HOW TO ENTER: This contest begins 12:01 P.M. EST on August 12, 2015 and ends 11:59 P.M. EST on August 29, 2015. To enter, submit your entry at https://www.sikids.com/bestday. Entries must include the Entrant’s name, age, parent or legal guardian’s email address and best sports day moment. Entry must be received no later than August 21, 2015. TI Media Solutions (Sponsor) is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, or entries not received for any reason. Entries become sole property of Sponsor(s) and none will be acknowledged or returned. By entering, Entrant warrants that his or her entry (1) is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party, (2) has not been published in any medium or (3) has not won an award.
2. JUDGING: All entries will be judged by SPORT ILLUSTRATED Kids editors, based on the following criteria: originality (100%). Incomplete and/or inaccurate entries and entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification. Decisions of judges are final and binding.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are between the ages of 7 and 15 at time of entry (“Entrant(s)”). Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor(s), its promotional partners and their respective parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies (and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same of household of each such employee) are not eligible.
4. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: Up to five winning moments (selected by Sponsor) will be featured in the October 2015 issue of SPORTS ILLUSTRATED Kids. All other expenses not specified herein are the responsibility of the Winner(s). ARV is $0.00.
5. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: No transfer, assignment, or substitution of a prize permitted, except Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute prize (or prize component) for an item of equal or greater value at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Nothing in these official contest rules shall obligate Sponsor(s) to publish or otherwise use any entry submitted in connection with this Contest. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor(s), which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. By entering, Entrant represents that any drawing(s), and other materials submitted as part of Entrant’s Contest entry are original and will not constitute an invasion of privacy or otherwise infringe upon the rights of any third party, and that the Entrant owns or has the rights to convey any and all right and title in such drawing (s) and other materials. In addition, by entering, Entrant grants to Sponsor(s) a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to edit, publish, promote, republish at any time in the future and otherwise use Entrant’s submitted drawing, along with Entrant’s name, likeness, biographical information, and any other information provided by Entrant, in any and all media for possible editorial, promotional or advertising purposes, without further permission, notice or compensation (except where prohibited by law). Parent or legal guardian where the Potential Winner has not reached the age of majority in their state of residence at time of entry, as a condition of receiving any prize, may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where legally permissible a Publicity Release and confirmation of a license as set forth above within 2 days following the date of first attempted notification, certifying, among other things, the following: (a) entry does not defame or invade the privacy of any party; (b) entry does not infringe upon the rights of any third party; and (c) the drawing(s) and other materials submitted are original and have never been published and entry has never won an award. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor(s) and its agencies to use Winner’s name and/or likeness, biographical information, and/or drawing(s) for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By entering and/or accepting prize, Entrants and Winner(s) agree to hold Sponsor(s) and its promotional partners, its directors, officers, employees and assigns harmless for liability, damages or claims for injury or loss to any person or property relating to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in this Contest, the acceptance and/or subsequent use or misuse, or condition of any of the prizes awarded, or claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion or privacy. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the Entrant ineligible. Sponsor(s), in its sole discretion, reserves the immediate and unrestricted right to disqualify any entrant or prize winner, if either commits or has committed any act, or has been involved or becomes involved in any situation or occurrence which the Sponsor(s) deems likely to subject the Sponsor(s), entrant or winner to ridicule, scandal or contempt or which reflects unfavorably upon the Sponsor(s) in any way. If such information is discovered by Sponsor(s) after the parent or legal guardian of the winner has received notice of the prize and before the prize is awarded, Sponsor(s) may rescind the prize in its entirety. If a portion of his/her prize has already been awarded, Sponsor(s) may withdraw the remainder of the prize that has been fulfilled. Decisions of the Sponsor(s) are final and binding in all matters related to this paragraph. Sponsor(s) is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the contest, or in the announcement of the prize.
6. INTERNET: Sponsor(s) is not responsible for lost or late entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor(s) or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor(s) reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsor(s) reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. CAUTION: Any attempt by a contestant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the game is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor(s) reserves the right to seek damages from any such contestant to the fullest extent of the law. If there is a dispute as to the identity of the Entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address. The “authorized account holder” is held to be the parent of the winning design(s) selected by the judges.
7. GOVERNING LAW: This Contest is governed by the internal laws of the state of New York without regard to principles of conflict of laws. All cases and claims pertaining to this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in the City of New York, without recourse to class action suits.
8. SEVERABILITY: If any provision of these Rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction or appointed arbitrator, such determination shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision herein.
9. WINNING Moments: Winning moments will appear in the October 2015 issue of SPORTS ILLUSTRATED Kids.
10. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Contest is TI Media Solutions, 1271 Avenue of the Americas, 31st Floor, New York, NY 10020.