The New Orleans Saints’ Drew Brees is an all-time great on the field. In Week 5 he broke legendary quarterback Johnny Unitas’s record when he threw his 48th consecutive touchdown pass. But the Super Bowl champion is also a hero off the field, helping his community through the Brees Dream Foundation. Last month he teamed up with Samsung and Best Buy to donate money and electronics to the Boys & Girls Club of Southeast Louisiana. Brees also led a football clinic for the kids. What‘s his top piece of advice for young players? “The game is supposed to be fun, so have fun,” says Brees. We challenged the star QB to have some fun himself in answering our 10 Questions.
1. What time is your alarm set for?
2. Chocolate, Vanilla, or Strawberry ice cream?
So Delicious Chocolate
3. What was your childhood nickname?
4. If you weren’t an athlete, what would you want to do?
5. Why do you wear the jersey number you do?
Because Ted Williams was one of my idols growing up and he wore number 9.
6. What is your favorite city to compete in?
7. What do you do on days off?
I spend time with my wife Brittany and our three boys.
8. Who is the greatest athlete of all-time?
9. Who is your best friend in sports?
My offensive line
10. What is the last (non-food) item that you purchased?
A tool set for my oldest son Baylen