By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The Stanley Cup Playoffs continued with a pair of thrilling games on Monday, as both the Dallas Stars and Nashville Predators won to avoid elimination. The Washington Capitals will look to do the same thing on Tuesday in Game 6 against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Check out the latest NHL news and rumors below.
• Penguins defenseman Olli Maatta could return to the ice for Game 6, reports the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Jenn Menendez. He has been out since Game 2 after being hit in the head by Capitals defenseman Brooks Orpik.
• St. Louis Blues head coach Ken Hitchcock is undecided on who he will start at goalie in Game 7 against the Stars, reports the Dallas Morning News’ Nate Latsch.
• Stars forward Travis Moen will miss the rest of the playoffs with an undisclosed injury, reports the Dallas Morning News’ Mike Helka.
• The New York Islanders and forward Kyle Okposo have not had talks about a possible extension, reports the New York Post’s Brett Cyrgalis. Okposo will be an unrestricted free agent on July 1.
• The Edmonton Oilers are considering trading the No. 4 overall pick in the 2016 NHL draft, reports NHL.com.
• Montreal Canadiens goalie Carey Price said he would have been able to return from a knee injury, “if the regular season had lasted two weeks longer,” and expects to play for Team Canada in the World Cup of Hockey, reports the Montreal Gazette’s Stu Cowan.
• The Florida Panthers announced they have signed top goalie prospect Samuel Montembeault to a three-year entry-level contract.