1. Asics Gel-Blur33 2.0 $100 ($65 kids), asicsamerica.com
Lightweight, form-fitting, and flexible, these running sneakers work well in all kinds of conditions.
2. Shaun White Fremont $34.99, target.com
These skate shoes from the snowboarding and skateboarding superstar look good on board or off.
3. Adidas Top Ten 2000 $125 ($80 kids), adidas.com
A combination of laces and elastic straps helps keep these retro basketball kicks snug.
4. Nike FlyKnit Trainer $150, nike.com
The knit upper on these running shoes makes them fit just like a sock and keeps them very breathable.
5. Reebok SubLite Pro Rise $100 ($74.99 kids), reebok.com
You’ll barely feel these lightweight basketball shoes on your feet, but they still offer plenty of cushioning and support.
6. Etnies Disney Kids RVM Vulc $60, etnies.com
These sneakers feature Agent P from the Disney XD show Phineas and Ferb on the sides and on the tongue.
7. Jordan CP3.VI $125 ($95 kids), jumpman23.com
Chris Paul’s sixth signature shoe is his lightest ever, and the low-cut collar around the ankle helps you make quick cuts.
Photo: Photographs by Don Penny